Bangkok Part 2 - The tour of the city


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
April 21st 2009
Published: April 21st 2009
Edit Blog Post

Hey everone 😊
So... 2nd day here!! Its really hot today, very humid but its great..
We moved hostel today to a fan room (no more air-con) but its alot cheaper than the 1st place... Last night alot happened after my blog so ill let you know the key parts, we went to where Toms gym was which is also a red light district!! So when Tom was in the gym i went wondering, found a place to eat, met some english folk and then read the lonely planet, then tom came out, went and got some food and then we went to a "show" ill miss out the details but if you wanna ask me when im home im sure ill remember, wasn't at all my cup of tea but i did have an interesting game of pingpong!!
Then we got home after a hunt for a taxi driver and slept!!
Got up at 9am after a few hours sleep, the water pump sounds like drumming on the walls!! The aircon didn't have a remote so was rather cold!!
Anyway today we moved to the hostel, 170 bhat each which is well cheap. I booked my night bus (12 hours) for tomorrow, leave at 6pm and arrive in Chiang Mai at 5.45am, not sure about my plans atm, fingers crossed ill get to Laos but i might love chiang mai or maybe move to pai (thanks to robs blog im knowing where to go, lol)

Today was great fun though, we fell into a scam which we played to our advantage, 50 bhat for a full trip round all the sights, golden budda, temples etc which was lovely, the tuk tuk also thought he could get us to buy a suit which is why it cost so little to round bangkok...
We didn't buy one obvioulsy because we knew about the scam... great times!!
Found out all the prices or rough prices of how to get round thialand, laos, the full moon party, ko pe pe and into malaysia... gonna cost 200-250pounds i think which is more than i thought but still managable.
Can't wait to see Becca and Jen, maybe seeing Alan aswell.
Sorry the blog entrys are getting more random and the tuk tuks are hilarious, never ever taking you were u ask to go without a nice taylor visit on the way, very funny..

Anyway best be off.

Love you all

Nathan 😊

Advertisement



Tot: 0.081s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0403s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb