Thai Adventures


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
October 25th 2008
Published: October 25th 2008
Edit Blog Post

A Weekend In Bangkok


I loved this city, the buzz, the bustle of Khao San road market, the smell of all the food stalls and then, when it all gets too much, you can take time out and get a Thai massage. We did just that and had an hours foot massage which was bliss for the equivalent of about three pounds. We also stopped and ate with the locals, street side and had clear noodle soup which tasted so fresh and healthy and was a welcome change from all the curry I've eaten over the past eight weeks.
Also over the weekend we visited the Grand Temple and Wat Phra Kaew a stunning colourful sight well worth the visit. We also saw Wat Pho temple which houses a 45metre reclining Buddha gilded with gold leaf.
On Sunday we went to Bangkok's Chatuchak market. To say this is large is an understatement. We had two hours here but when this time was up we rang and told the rest of the group we would make our own way back. Eight hours later and a box of things being flown back to the UK at the end of the experience we returned to our hotel tired but on a shopping high!!
That evening we went to Calypso, the show where you have to convince yourself these women were really men as they certainly do a good likeness for beautiful women. Just to add, one of my highlights in Bangkok was being served by a ladyboy in Boots the chemist, quite surreal...


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



26th October 2008

hello...
hello Karen, so glad to see your having an amazing time....!!!! all your pics look FAB...u lucky woman ENJOY love Vjosa xxxxxxx

Tot: 0.057s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0283s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb