Bangkok


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
September 17th 2008
Published: September 23rd 2008
Edit Blog Post

After settling in to our hostel and having a good first nights sleep we headed in search of the Thailand Information Centre and after walking around in circles with not a very specific map and asking Taxi drivers who didn't seem to have a clue what we wanted or where it was we gave up and heaed for the air conditioning of the Malls we had seen on our Sky Train journey across Bangkok..... again proving everything in Asia is at height they don't have an underground its built at height over the roads!! Their Malls were massive there were about 6 seperate ones..... 1 had an ocean world inside and massive ponds with fish between the resaurants as well as car showrooms on the 6th floor!! Plenty to look around without even going in a shop!!

For our second day we became proper touists again and headed to the river and bought a day pass. First stop was the 'Reclining Budda' which we were both amazed at we weren't expecting it to be so big!! The next stop was 'The Grand Palace' and 'The Emerald Budda' again we found the Emerald Budda amazing but found the Grand Palace to be a bit much and spread out....plus we were made to put sorongs on which made it to hot to explore loads and we felt we had seen enough after not to long! Back on the boat we headed on up for Khao San Road...apparently a backpacker hotspot, although only a long road with market stalls there was something strangely inviting about it and we enjoyed being there so we sat and enjoyed a couple of beers in the sun and watched the world go by!

We had planned on going to the floating market today but after making our way all the way down to the river we were told that the tide was too high! Disappointed we headed back on our search for the Tourist information after doing our research we were successful! After picking up loads of ideas on where in Thailand we should go next we decided to stick to what was our original plan and started looking into going North to Chiang Mai. In the evening we headed back to Khao San Road for some food and drink! Ended up getting soaked and paying loads for a taxi back to the Sky Train terminal.....Taxi drivers here don't take pity on you if you're in need then they'll charge double!

Being Saturday already and learning from our mistake of not being organised for Macau we headed to the train station to get our tickets ready for our trip on Monday. Managed that afternoon to also book our hostel in Chiang Mai and spend a couple of hours at the local weekend market and relaxed in the evening in the hostel bar and watched the Liverpool game! Not realising til the morning that we had spent the night being eaten by mosquitos!

On Sunday we headed back to the weekend market to have a proper look around as it is massive and also to try out some of the foods there.... they sell just about everything at the market including puppys, kittens and rabbits which are sooooo small. Not very nice really as it is so hot and cramped! Spent the evening packing and having a drink in the bar!

To begin with we were unsure of Bangkok but over the few days we were there we started to enjoy it, not alot to do their except see the temples and do some shopping but an interesting place to spend just a few days! We prefured Hong Kong as there was more of a variety of things to do.



Advertisement



Tot: 0.055s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0342s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb