Chiang Mai


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » North-West Thailand » Chiang Mai
September 23rd 2008
Published: September 23rd 2008
Edit Blog Post

Finally we have got ourselves up to date!!

After a 12 hour sleeper train journey we arrived in Chiang Mai this morning. Didn't get much sleep on the way as their were a few little bugs climbing the walls so was a long night of listening to music and watching films on our ipods whilst we scanned the walls and held our flip flop close to splatter! On arrival we got into the back of tuk tuk type vehicle which although the lady assured us she knew where she was going we ended up getting dropped off and pointed down an alley to a different hostel... luckily after a short walk around the corner we found the right place and want to stay here forever!! We have a really nice HUGE ensuite room with tv, dvd, fridge, safe, balcony and a bar downstairs which is quite English looking (the name should give that away its called "Queen Victoria Inn') and has free internet and pool table. The staff are really friendly and helpful within a couple of hours of being here we were already booked on our day trip which we can't wait for.... getting picked up at 8am to do some Elephant Trekking, Swimming in waterfalls, White Water Rafting and Bamboo rafting, we've now got our fingers crossed that the sunny weather stays here!!!

Been for a nice walk around the town, not very big and very laid back which is nice. Have only got 3 nights booked here but think we are going to have an amazing time!

Going to go out for some food now and then have to try and sleep, but are too excited about tomorrow!!!!!!

xxxxx

Advertisement



Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0572s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb