Chiang Mai- Night Bazaar! Want to BUY EVERYTHING!


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
November 15th 2007
Published: November 15th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Chiang Mai- Night BizzarreChiang Mai- Night BizzarreChiang Mai- Night Bizzarre

Huge night market.. selling everything you can think of.. maaa-sage for you-- pretty lady.. They had lawn chairs set up on side of the street for peeps to get foot massage-- $4 BUCKS hour! Niiiceeee
Wed.. afternoon-- after a little hassle with my hotel.... ugh..Im finding it difficult to book ahead.. I think Iam just going to wing it next city.. maybe.?.I finally venture out to the Night Bazaar-- from 6pm to 1AM-- Oh what FUN!... two streets or so filled with vendors selling food, clothes, trinkets, CDs., movies, you name it- they have it..and its CHEAP!.. you would be so proud of me..I have not bought a THING!.. oh- just a little day pack. ( thanks again Zank)..Oh - and about 6 Singha beers.. .90 cents each!! hahaaa... I got a little faded all by my lonesome.. just walking around enjoying the night life...The food is AMAZING here~ Curry soup w shrimp.. 3$..and beer..! ha!..LOVE IT!..They have huge tents set up with areas to eat.. Huge barrels of fresh fish, lobster, prawns, ect... pretty cool..

So odd- but normal here-- young men, old men, fat, nasty, foreigners-- walk around with the young Thai girls.. just like they are their guide or something... I watch the men eat dinner wth them -- some engage in convo whilst smoking cigs and drinking..others just gaze with an empty stare.. saying nothing.. just being with this pig that
Chiang Mai- CityChiang Mai- CityChiang Mai- City

This is the river that circles the city... Very cool town.. I really did like it!... I would have stayed longer if more time!...
is paying probably paying pennies for her to hang with him... It really is sad.. but its just the thing to do here..
Kitties and puppies evrywhere..most have sores and look sick.. others have collars on and seem well kept.

Still havent met travelers. . Im still trying to get into the swing of things.. finding the "backpacker' areas... hangouts...ect...



Thurs- moved to another hotel...you idiot!.. ha!... much nicer.. $40/ nght. the other one is $15-- Im going back there on Frid... dumb girl..😊

They have this saying: SAME SAME BUT DIFFERENT....still trying to figure what its all about.😊.



I booked a 2 day Trekking tour for tomorrow.. Set out in the AM, hike to the mountains, Elephant ride, swim in waterfalls, stay with Village peeps... no electricity, no hot H2O, and a mossy net..! yikes!... then hike back home... Hopefully I will have some cool peeps in my group.?. .





Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement

 School is out School is out
School is out

A local CM school.. Kids out playing and chatting....
Trekking in style! Trekking in style!
Trekking in style!

HA!- Me and my Gett- up!.. going trekking in the mountains.. it was great weather!. not too hot..:)
Trekking CrewTrekking Crew
Trekking Crew

These peeps were a lot of fun..!!.. The Irish gal had bright red carton socks... she was funny...
Village in the mountainsVillage in the mountains
Village in the mountains

We stayed at one of the mountain tribes villages.. Small little shack like huts.. no hot water or electricity... we sleep on hard bamboo sticks with like two blankets on top... ouch!...
This little Piggy ..........This little Piggy ..........
This little Piggy ..........

Is probably dinner!... haha!...
Match of volley/FutbolMatch of volley/Futbol
Match of volley/Futbol

This was fun... I showed' em my skillzz.. haha!.. Kinda like Vball but with a little ball made out of bamboo.. kick it over with feet....
Ride em' Elephant-girl!Ride em' Elephant-girl!
Ride em' Elephant-girl!

What amazing animals... Tough skin... They were teated well while we were there...:)... Kinda scary on top of them... nothing holding you in...
How far are you hung???.....How far are you hung???.....
How far are you hung???.....

uhhemm...... yes it is what you think it is.... wholly GI-NORMOUS!
Rob and I on ElephantRob and I on Elephant
Rob and I on Elephant

We almost feel off!... Rob is from Aussie.. great guy.. works at a zoo In Auss.. so he had so much to tell!...:)
Bathing the elephantsBathing the elephants
Bathing the elephants

This is how they do it..They give him verbal cues to go under the water.... pretty neat!... I have ME on video on my camera... Il show it to you maybe on U Tube! its HILARIOUS!... I fall off!... He is MASSIVE....
Party GALS!Party GALS!
Party GALS!

Victoria, Aideen and I -- partying at night in CM.... these gals are so fun!.... oohh what is was like to party at 22yr old!... They had a big bottle of WHISKEY! and drinking it from a plastic bag! YUK!....:)...
Ummm... She-mans...Ummm... She-mans...
Ummm... She-mans...

Yes.. There were Thai He- shes' everywhere... all in the bars in the main city... I really did not go to the bars bc of this.. not so much.!...
SILLY GALS---3 AM-- still goin'SILLY GALS---3 AM-- still goin'
SILLY GALS---3 AM-- still goin'

On the way back to hotel-- we find a little play ground...just like a bunch of kiddies!.. ha!...


15th November 2007

amazing
Hey Brooke, So awesome to hear the day by day travels of your trip it will be a great journal to keep later to look back on as well. I love reading your entries and I can really visualize what your saying. great writing! I hope you meet some fun fellow travelers to make your trip feel more safe and exciting. Look forward to hearing more about your trip. Be safe!! Miss you, Jen PS Tristan has his 2 top teeth now so cute they have a gap between which makes it all the more sweet when he smiles. :)

Tot: 0.107s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.053s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb