Bangkok arrival


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
November 22nd 2006
Published: November 28th 2006
Edit Blog Post

We flew from Hong Kong to Bangkok on the first leg of our around the world ticket. After collecting our backpacks we headed to figure out how we would get to our hotel. We checked with the airport bus and then pondered a taxi. Neither seemed like a great deal, until a girl asked if we wanted to cab share and off we went. The girl was interesting as she is involved with a non-profit organization whose mission is to foster communication between people of a country and the US volunteers and create an understanding of the US. She was on a layover between Myanmar and Vietnam.
The cab dropped us off near Victory Monument, as it was the easiest thing to communicate to the driver and we knew it was close to the hotel. Victory Monument is a memorial to fallen soldiers of Thailand (or at least that is one story we were told) that is situated in a large round-about. It was hot….the walk was only about 15 minutes but by the time we arrived I was drenched with sweat. I felt like I was melting into a puddle. We checked into our hotel and its lovely air conditioning. We then had lunch. One great thing about Ibis hotels, besides being cheap and clean, is they have great food for reasonable prices. We holed up for the afternoon and researched what our plan of attack is for Thailand.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.091s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0739s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb