Lost in Lost and learning Thai


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
November 26th 2006
Published: November 26th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Spent the last couple of days going to areas of Bangkok that I'd not visited yet. So I've been to the Patpong area - tourist central, especially subscribers of thatibrides.com - looking around the market. I bought some DVD's (my contribution to the piracy industry),amongst them Borat. I managed to watch it and get most of it but the guy that had filmed it in the cinema had held the camera too high so I couldn't see the subtitles for the bits spoken in Khazak, so I probably missed a lot of the jokes! And he and his mates were laughing all the way through.... They also had the Lost 2nd series. I set off to Sri Lanka in the middle of the series so I'd been trying to find it. Thankfully this is good quality so I've spent the last couple of nights trying to catch up (they killed Anna Lucia!), yes I'm that far behind. I've also bought Casino Royale, which is only just out at the cinema here, so I don't know what that will be like. Probably in Thai!
Then I spent an afternoon at Siam Square. On the way I watched a christmas carol competition - the Thai choir wearing dark sunglasses, clicking their fingers and dancing whilst singing Santa Claus is coming to town got my vote!
Lots going on in Siam Square. People dressed up as various things....doctors and nurses, 70's disco dudes complete with affros, a penguin... And there are some concerts, so I watch my new favourite boy band Slot Machine playing the song that is ALWAYS on the sky train (along with Madonna and Paris Hilton on loop). While I'm out I buy a CD to learn Thai as I've decided that as I'm out here for so long it would be good to try and be able to speak, and understand Thai, rather than just being able to say hello and thank you. Back at the hotel I spend a couple of hours on that so i can now also say "excuse me" "boiled egg" "no thank you" and "I don't understand" - all useful I think!
In and amongst this I sort out all my stuff so that I can send a suitcase home, back up my pictures - that takes so long - and of course continue (trying) learning Thai, practising on my friend from the boat, Teng.
Ratrisawat!
(I didn't just curse, I said good night!)


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

night marketnight market
night market

nothing like direct advertising!


Tot: 0.507s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 12; qc: 77; dbt: 0.4477s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb