Tajikistan


Advertisement
Tajikistan's flag
Asia » Tajikistan » Dushanbe
October 18th 2014
Published: October 22nd 2014
Edit Blog Post

On the road again,

As I am preparing to leave this beautiful land of Tajik, I like to post just a few of the local architecture for those who may have an interest in it. There are majestic buildings around this town that were built during the yesteryears of the Soviet era, when Russia consisted of fifteen different countries, which are independent today. The triangular building in the photo is the famous Dushanbe City Hall. The beauty of the Soviet architecture in this region has earned my respect and admiration. I don’t know much about the history of architecture, but the structures here give me a sense of an ancient spirit. The newer buildings which are being built by the Tajiks today, in the absent of Russians , are vividly of lower quality today.

Our Western culture and the political machine teach us that Russia is a rough state and mostly suggest a negative feeling about this ancient and amazing culture. I am learning here that the Tajiks had a better life when they were a part of the Soviet Union than they do today. The ‘Commies’ where not that bad! What’s wrong with putting the good of the society, ahead of the individual freedom; as it is suggested my the Communist doctrine? A plausible question.

I had planned on traveling to Uzbekistan and Turkmenistan by ground entering Iran from the northwest, but due to bad roads and a bit of unrest in that area I will directly fly to Tehran from here.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

School LineupSchool Lineup
School Lineup

Morning lineup in the school system is a useful tradition of schooling here as the children go to their classes with a prep talk.


Tot: 0.149s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0673s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb