Beautiful Formosa (Day 6)


Advertisement
Taiwan's flag
Asia » Taiwan » Taipei
December 15th 2005
Published: January 7th 2006
Edit Blog Post

We woke up early today and took the MRT to Taipei City Hall to catch a glimpse at the prosperous Taipei Xinyi District. We stopped by the Discovery Centre of Taipei to shop for some souvenirs before proceeding to the exhibition space. This was the place I had fond memories of during the 1st trip. The second trip proved no less interesting as we took close to 2hrs to view through the exhibits concerning the city’s past and present. A visit to the place is a must to know the city better.

The Taipei 101 tower was beginning to take shape under the glazing sun. We took pictures of the icon and I must admit that it is always a challenge to take nice shots of her. Many a times, the 508m tower is obscured by the thin layers of haze & clouds that somewhat did injustice to the architect who had designed the tower. Anyway, we took a quick stroll of the modern shopping mall before going back to Ximending to change our hotels.

Lunch was at this fish restaurant in Ximending. The food was ok but the seemingly lack-luster service was a major disappointment. We had intended to visit Taipei Mucha Zoo in the afternoon but the delay at the fish restaurant turned out to change the rest of our itinerary for the day.

We headed north to Tianmu aka Taipei’s Holland Village where there is a congregation of international restaurants and warehouse stores. My only regret was that the shirt that I had tried did not fit me. Otherwise, it would be a steal at NT290. We stopped by for a snack at the KFC before catching a free shuttle bus to Zhisan MRT Station.

The journey continued north to Danshui - the terminal stop of Danshui MRT Line. I’ve always love this place for its serenity, rustic old streets and beautiful landscapes. It does not have the modernity of downtown Taipei yet the charm draws repeat visitors to the sleepy town on weekends. This is the place where we found relics of our childhood - the toys that we played as a kid brought back beautiful memories of the past.

If there’s one must visit place in Taipei, Danshui is it. And my 2nd trip to this beautiful town had proven that repeat visits to the same old place needn’t be boring. And yes, the NT35 E-coffee was a perfect way to wrap up the cold wintry night..









Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement



17th April 2006

hi. i'm going to taipei for holiday on june. it's gonna be an 8days trip and i wonder whether u can introduce some great place for me? thanks a lot XD

Tot: 0.051s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 22; dbt: 0.0297s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb