<<回台北走走2012>> Wanhua District and Bo Pi Liao Historical Enclave


Advertisement
Taiwan&#039;s flag
Asia » Taiwan » Taipei » Wanhua
August 20th 2012
Published: September 2nd 2012
Edit Blog Post

Monday, 20th August 2012

After lunch at Banqiao city, we continued our journey eastwards towards the direction of Wanhua along the Bannan Line. Wanhua district was the original birth place of the city of Taipei. Just one metro stop away from glitzy Ximending, this district had retained the spirit of old Taipei within the facade of this modern metropolis.

Coming out of Longshan Temple Metro Station, we were greeted by the enormous temple of the same name. In 2005 when we last visited, we didn't have a chance to take a good look at the temple as we were heading straight to the nearby Guangzhou Street Night Market for dinner. It was nice to see that the atmosphere was quite different in the day when it was packed with worshippers from all walks of life.

We crossed over to the Bo Pi Liao (剝皮寮) historical enclave which was used for the filming set in the 2010 Monga movie. With its imposing red brick facade, we had a field day trying to capture different shots at this restored district. Part of it was converted to a living museum which closed its doors on the Monday when we visited. We did appreciate the spacious covered walkways which provided much shade from the sunny weather.

From Wanhua, we moved on to Danshui after grabbing a Yakult Tea from the 85 Degrees Cafe. For the journey to Danshui, we decided to ride on the new Luzhou Line at Zhongxiao Xinsheng Station. This would connect to the Danshui Line at Mingquan West Road Station before heading straight to our destination. While the whole journey from Longshan Temple took closed to an hour, it was a nice experience travelling on the integrated Metro network for the hassle free transfers.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.094s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 30; dbt: 0.055s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb