Galle-orious Galle


Advertisement
Sri Lanka's flag
Asia » Sri Lanka » Southern Province » Galle
December 12th 2015
Published: August 9th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 6.0334, 80.2184

Galle! Galle Fort in particular is pretty nice
Surrounded by high walls and filled with Portuguese and Dutch influenced architecture. It has plenty of accommodation and restaurants inside and has a nice relaxed and quiet vibe to it.
We arrived via local bus from Mrrissa. Here we spent the day visiting the fort and enjoying the food at some of the nice restaurants.
From Galle we caught a bus 20 km north to Hikkadua which is also another popular beach area. Hikkadua is more popular and busier than Mirissa and other beach places. There is a surplus of accommodation which line the main road in to town for a few kms.

Here we did some diving, although Sri Lanka is not renowned for its diving. It felt more like a practice dive as the site didn't have many fish and the visibility was poor but it was still fun!
Hikkaduwa was nice even though the beach has strong currents which makes it a little unnerving to swim in. We took the train to Colombo and stayed near the airport for our very early flight to India.
Sri Lanka was superb! We didn't know much about it before arriving but we left wanting to stay longer and explore more!


Additional photos below
Photos: 40, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.113s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 15; qc: 29; dbt: 0.052s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb