Six years Later


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Goa » Agonda
December 12th 2015
Published: August 9th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 15.0419, 73.985

India! Round two. Back to where Anna and I met!
This time would be different and more special. We had a month in India so we decided to explore the south. Our first point of call was Goa.

Goa is actually the state name and there are plenty of beaches in the north and south. We decided on Agonda Beach in the south. There is plenty of accommodation along the beach which is two kilometres long, quiet and relaxing. It was a couple of weeks from peak season so it was very quiet and deserted almost.
The following morning we did a boat tour to visit a few beaches and dolphins. We were disappointed with the trip as the beaches weren't anything special. We did see some dolphins which was really exciting. T
he total time on the water was only an hour and for the price of the trip we paid it would have been cheaper for us to get a kayak and look for dolphins as they are not too far off the southern point of the beach.

Agonda beach has plenty of restaurants and quiet waters which is great for swimming. We visited Palolem beach and that was completely commercalized, busy and unappealing compared to Agonda.
We also hired a motor bike and visited Cola Beach which is accessible via a dirt road. We hired a kayak for an hour and cruised around.
It was nice just to chill out and enjoy the surrounds and sunsets. We had really nice accommodation and the staff were really friendly. They work all day everyday for 6 months to earn money. After three days we caught an overnight bus to Hampi, one of my favourite places in India.


Additional photos below
Photos: 41, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.06s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 16; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0286s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb