Sweet Kandy


Advertisement
Sri Lanka's flag
Asia » Sri Lanka » Central Province » Kandy
December 3rd 2015
Published: August 9th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 7.28446, 80.6375

Stunning train rides through tea plantations, gorgeous beaches, whale watching, diving and extremely friendly people! That's just a start to this amazing country, this got us excited!
We didn't even know what Sri Lanka had to offer until about a week or two before arriving.
We only stayed one night in the outskirts of Colombo and took the train to Kandy first thing the next morning. Kandy is in the hills and is a nice place to base oneself for day excursions. Unfortunately it was cloudy the whole time but it didn't stop us from doing a tuk tuk tour which was great! The botanical gardens were really nice and also the tea factory was quite interesting.
We stayed in a nice homestay up above the city which offered nice views and quiet surroundings.
We took the popular train from Kandy to Ella through the lush tea plantations and windy rail tracks. At times it was quite misty but it still offered great scenery. A group of four locals sang songs which sounded great and seemed to compliment the trip nicely. We arrived in the small town of Ella which looks as though it's built as a tourist town with plenty of accommodation and restaurants. People base themselves there for trekking to Adams Peak and other activities. The hills of Sri Lanka were a great start to this fascinating country.


Additional photos below
Photos: 48, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.062s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0384s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb