Animal Overload


Advertisement
Singapore's flag
Asia » Singapore
April 28th 2013
Published: June 28th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Me Singapore ZooMe Singapore ZooMe Singapore Zoo

For now, 5 photos will be uploaded per day at a time. This will increase
Geo: 1.28941, 103.85

Today was exhausting. Our short cruise came to an end. We enjoyed a last breakfast on board before a chaotic disembarking of the ship. We cleared customs back into Singapore, before unenthusiastically reacquiring our packs for a grueling expedition to our new hotel, somewhere north of Little India. The MRT train took us to the vacinity of Hotel Value Nice on Balestier Road. Trudging out of the train station, to our dismay, we were greeted with steady, heavy rain and a good half hour walk ahead of us. We trudged along, and before long I had leveled the score with Nat on the turtle scoreboard. Avoiding some passers by, I stepped off the sidewalk and slipped ending up on my back with a sore hamstring. Eventually, we made it, sore and exhausted around 1pm. Check in wasnt ready so we elected to drop our bags off, grab lunch nearby and grab a taxi straight to Singapore Zoo. It was a great zoo, huge with plenty of variation in animal residents from Melbourne. I suffered bad blisters and very sore feet throughout the day. The highlights were agressive goats, chimpanzees and komodo dragon. Nat loved the sun bears and was saddened by the apparent misery of the elephants, which was obvious.The zoo closed at 6, and being nearby, we headed straight to the night zoo next door which opened at 7. Exhausted, the animals lifted our spirits. Its basically a normal walk through zoom, with optional tram safari, in the dark. My favourities were getting close to bats, porcupines and leopards. By the time we had walked the zoo, the queue for the tram was still in excess of 45 minutes, so seeing its mediocrity, we elected to skip it and head back to our hotel.The hotel is clean, but ridiculously small, no cupboards except the spot where toilet shower and sink are altogether. Tomorrow, were off to Sentosa for our last Singapore day. It should be fun!

** Nb - Atm uploading pictures is a slow and painful process and us such limited to a few per journal entry. Working on this.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



28th April 2013

We stayed at the Golden Landmark On Corner of Arab / Indian area Just up from Bugis st Markets... Was Gr8 Hotel Did u get to the Markets???
29th April 2013

Didn't you get a fish foot massage at the zoo.
29th April 2013

We saw the markets. no fish foot massage at night zoo as it was $15 for 5 minutes...

Tot: 0.09s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0687s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb