Universal Studios


Advertisement
Singapore's flag
Asia » Singapore » Sentosa Island
April 29th 2013
Published: June 28th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 1.24947, 103.829

Today was all about Universal Studios at Sentosa. We were up at 8am. First we jumped on a bus. Peak hour slowed us down, so we bailed and boarded a train to the Harbourfront. The monorail and cable car were crammed and expensive so we walked it to Sentosa. After a ticket issue we eventually got inside the park around 11am. Universal Studios Singapore was a vast improvement from Disneyland, Hong Kong. The majority of rides and shows were excellent and I got on them all. The favourities were Transformers, a 3d inspired roller coaster, Jurrassic Park, a water ride, where a soaking is part of the fun. The Battlestar Gallactica ride had two intertwining rollercoasters, one red, and one blue the latter being more extreme with loops and flips. The mummy ride was fun, with fire and scares in a dark rollercoaster. Then there were special effects spectaculars for a Spielberg show (simulating a storm in a boat shed in New York) and Waterworld stuntshow. We both had a great (albeit hot and swaety and exhausting) day. Eventually we stumbled back from Sentosa for dinner and drinks at Harbourfront at a German inspired resteraunt. A stein and pizza was on the menu.A train and cab combo has us back at our hotel for our last night in Singapore. Tomorrow we are up early for a cab to the airport for a new adventure in Dubai.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

Natalie hatchesNatalie hatches
Natalie hatches

From a raptor egg
Nat Battlestar CoastersNat Battlestar Coasters
Nat Battlestar Coasters

Accross the lake from the two entwining Coasters


30th April 2013

The revenge of the Mummy ride looks fantastic as do all the others! Maybe Dad and I have to go to Singapore again just to go to Universal Studios.

Tot: 0.054s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0328s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb