2 Days in Singapore


Advertisement
Singapore's flag
Asia » Singapore
January 22nd 2017
Published: June 14th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 1.28941, 103.85

SUNDAY, JANUARY 22

This morning, I was up at 5am, so Glenn went to Deck 13 with me and we watched us slowly pull into Singapore Harbor. It was still very dark as we passed tanker after tanker. We started talking with a couple from Singapore that gave us some valuable information about tourism in the city. We also watched the airplanes on "final" as they approached the Singapore Airport. Awesome.

We ate breakfast from the Cafeteria line and ate near the outdoor pool. We were docking at 7:45am.

Around 9am, we walked off the ship, however we did have to present our passport at immigrations. This is completely different than when we've cruised like in the Caribbean. After clearing customs, we went to the Singapore Tourist office and got a map. We also used the "free wifi" there in the cruise terminal.

After using the bathroom, and getting some money out of the ATM, we decided to purchase a "hop on hop off" bus pass for 48 hours. The double decker bus (think London England), took us to the City Center, where we got a "yellow bus". The yellow line drove by the iconic hotel called Marina Bays Sand Hotel
and the Botanic Gardens. We sat up on top 1/2 the time and then in the AC part of the time. We got off at the Botanical Gardens - since they were free. Beautiful place. Lots of people. We then walked to the National Orchid Garden within the Singapore Botanic Garden. There was a special section called VIP, that had flowers dedicated to different folks like Lady Dianna, Laura Bush and host of different kings and presidents through out the world.

It started to rain during the way out of the park. We ran into Darla and Rick from the NCL Star, also Norma and her sister.

We caught the Yellow line to Orchard Road and got off to see one of the many many malls on this road. This whole area is 5-10 story Indoor Mall after Indoor Mall. We stepped into a department store called Robinson. After using the bathroom, we got a lemon-aid and some sweet bread to tie us over til lunch time. We walked across the street to another mall, and then headed back to the Hop On Hop Off Bus. As soon as we got to the bus, I started feeling sick. I quickly asked Glenn for a plastic bag. Yep. I vomited. Ugh. I vomited some more. Thankfully, nothing on me.

As soon as we go to the 'tranfer station', we found out that the bus back to the dock would be for another hour. Glenn said "I'm getting a taxi and taking us back to the boat now". Thankfully, we didn't have to wait too long for a taxi nor was it expensive


Additional photos below
Photos: 21, Displayed: 21


Advertisement



Tot: 0.174s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 12; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0521s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb