Weekend Warriors @ Village Hotel Katong (Apr 2016)


Advertisement
Singapore's flag
Asia » Singapore
April 16th 2016
Published: May 2nd 2016
Edit Blog Post

Saturday, 16th April 2016

Our staycation in April 2016 took place @ Village Hotel Katong or simply Katong V. This was my second stay at this hotel after a hiatus of 2 years. When it comes to staycation in Singapore, I would alway opt for places that I could rest fully away from the tourist enclaves. Katong, Beach Road and Changi would certainly fit the bill and without the expensive price tag.

What we loved about Katong V was its spacious room that came with a powerful rain shower. There was a lingering welcoming scent at the lobby that made guests fully relaxed. Shopping for convenience and the beaches were never too far away and yet this hotel was never overrun with visitors. While service standards might had slipped a bit over the years, this was still a nice place to escape for the weekend without breaking the bank.

The swimming pool and the gym at level 4 were ideal to work out the excess calories from dinner. We headed to Starbucks Big Splash for breakfast the following morning. Having lived in Singapore over the past 30-odd years, this was my first visit to the Big Splash. While the waters on the slides no longer flows, this was still an ideal place to chill amid a nostalgia setting by the beach.

Whenever I'm not travelling overseas, I always loved to use my loyalty rebates to shell out an inexpensive weekend staycation.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.055s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 10; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0266s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb