Zoo and Travel


Advertisement
Singapore's flag
Asia » Singapore
June 22nd 2015
Published: July 13th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Day 05



Zoo and Night Flight to London



Well the weather really put it on for us today, we had a lot to do and it was hot, hot, hot. Breakfast as usually then maxi taxi to the Zoo to check out some animals, providing you haven’t got your heart set on seeing a giant panda!



Normal photos on the way, followed by a heated debate whether this crocodile looking thing was real or fake. I can’t be right all the time. The sea lion show was so good we decided to follow it up with a domestic animals shows. This was a certain kind of amazing! On the side of being amazingly bad. When cats outperform dogs by just walking in a straight line then all hope is lost. Adam was most impressed.



The highlight of the day was the chance interaction with a giant tortoise. As hope and timing had it we were standing in the right place when the keepers handed out tokens to feed them. Further to that Oli got to hug one, we thought that was why it started following him around. As it turns out the keeper realised that he had an orange t-shirt on and that the tortoise thought him to be a giant carrot.



All done with the feeding time we trucked on to the snakes and checked them out, by now it was time to catch up with the other half of the group.



I had a quick snack which consisted of a koala bear shaped pie. It was gooood.



A taxi ride put us back to the hotel and the pool gave us some refreshing reprieve from the weather. After that was a blur consisting of award winning dumplings, gelato, airport transfer and the red eye to London.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.108s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 41; dbt: 0.0603s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb