To Munich


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Bavaria
June 25th 2015
Published: July 13th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Day 07.



A 05:30 start to the day and off to the airport for a nice short trip to Munich to meet up again with the Reids and to drink a few steins of the good stuff. We arrived at midday and found our way to the hotel with no problems. The cobblestone streets are not uber friendly for rolling suitcases. Hotel Eder was to be our base for the next three nights. They are really proud of their old wide timber stair case and it does look lovely, just not so much when they put you on the top floor and you have to cart your bags up there.



We had a little laze around in the room until, BAM, the Reids turn up with pretzels on their minds and euros in their pockets. No rest for the wicked. We had a date with multiple beer halls and little time to please them all. We took in the beautiful sights of Munich city centre as we waltzed down the old streets and navigated out way through the crowds of Marienplatz. Inevitably we found our way to a beer hall, not just any but the Hofprauhaus. This is one of the most well-known places in Munich with Hitler giving his 50 simple steps to world domination speech here.



The beer started to flow, the band played and the feast began. The best thing to go with a litre of beer is sausages and tonight was to be the first in a long list of beer and sausage fest. All the German deities must have been aligned that night as the girls suggested they that Jilly would take the kids home so they can ‘game’ and LBS would take to the street to shop. There was nothing left for Adam and I to do then have a few more quiet beers, at a litre a pop we only needed a few and the rest of the night was but a blur……


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.085s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0378s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.5mb