Singapore Day 3


Advertisement
Singapore's flag
Asia » Singapore
November 7th 2011
Published: December 3rd 2011
Edit Blog Post

Third day in Singapore would be spent doing plenty of sight seeing. Started with a local breakfast in a nearby coffee shop which catered to mainly local working folk. Cheap way to start the day! Next did a bit of wondering around City Hall before hopping on the MRT to Orchard Road where we spent a few hours doing window shopping and eating. The shopping centre food courts are awesome and unless you are buying clothing, they are the highlight of each shopping centre. If only we had this quality of food at our food courts in Australia ... not to mention value for money!

From Orchard Road we made our way on the MRT to Little India which is a buzzing area. It was boiling hot and not the ideal weather for wondering around in the sun. One could quickly get heat stroke out here if not careful. Little India is a colourful neighbourhood filled with fabric stores, cheap clothes, phone shops and spice/grocery stores. The food court there is also quite large and has a good variety of Indian and other cuisines but having eaten so much thus far we passed and made our way back to the hotel for a shower!

Just before sunset we made our way out to the Singapore Flyer (giant ferris wheel). I was worried about a queue and timing to catch sunset but it worked out beautifully. It was light when we got on and dark when we got off and I was able to capture some good shots of Singapore in different lighting. This is definitely a worthwhile tourist attraction in Singapore and everyone should do it purely for the views in an air conditioned capsule!

We decided to head to Bugis Street which is another well known tourist area with a large flea market and food stalls. It was here I found a dedicated Durian stall which sold packs of durian or whole durians for about $6 each which is pretty cheap considering it's fresh and not frozen. Bugis Street is a bustling and lively area and had a good mix of locals and tourists.


Additional photos below
Photos: 34, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.146s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0582s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb