Singapore Day 2


Advertisement
Singapore's flag
Asia » Singapore
November 6th 2011
Published: November 26th 2011
Edit Blog Post

So after a busy day yesterday, I found myself sleeping in well in truly by my normal standards. Didn't wake up until after 9am which is a lot later than normal for me. Maybe the bed at the Mandarin Oriental was so good?



Went out looking for some breakfast and realised not much is open before 10am in SG especially on a Sunday. However, it was already uncomfortable hot and humid. Found a few interesting places to eat but I decided to go to a dim sum stand in the Marina Square complex as it was air conditioned! Had some pretty good rice noodle roll with prawns and fresh scallop dumplings. I then decided to head back to the hotel and relax as I had a few hours to kill before check out and there wasn't much to do at this hour. Soaked in the bath before checking out and meeting up with the family who had just flown in from Malaysia. We would be staying at the Swisshotel Stamford which is just to the side of City Hall. Not a bad middle of the range hotel (can't compare to the Mandarin Oriental though). Spent the next few hours seeing the sights with the family and basically eating anything within reach! The day would end up with a record of the number dishes tried ! The highlights for the day was some fresh pork jerky, icecream sandwiches and ofcourse Singapore Chilli Crab.

In the evening we headed over to the Marina Bay Sands and went up to the Sky Park which is the lookout area on the top which is accessible to the public who aren't guests of the hotel. Singapore is certainly spectacular at night especially from atop this glorious piece of modern architecture. Despite being quite pricey - it is definitely a recommended tourist activity whilst in this city.


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



Tot: 0.1s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0655s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb