Back to Singapore


Advertisement
Singapore's flag
Asia » Singapore
July 8th 2010
Published: July 10th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Back in Singapore we did two things. We went to the Science Center and we went to the night safari at Singapore Zoo. At the Science Centre we saw optical illusions, played with tornadoes, fiddled with sound, learned the laws of robotics, forgot the laws of robotics and then went to the snow room. The snow room was fun and weird. There was about 40 degrees difference between the temperature inside and the temperature outside. Inside it was minus 6.9 degrees!!! We went tobogganing down a makeshift hill in inner tubes and went inside a fake igloo. It wasn’t real snow as you could not make snowballs with it but it was still very cold. We had to get Jackets, Boots, Gloves and Long Pants. I was covered up completely.

At the Zoo we went on the Night Safari. We started out on a Tram that went around the campus of the Zoo. All of the animals were near to being in the wild. Most of the large ones had no walls around their enclosure. They just had grass and trees around them. The animals were cool as well. I saw loads of tigers, giraffes, lions, monkeys, deer, snakes, bats and other things. There was even a porcupine that had explosive diarrhea that sounded like a boat engine. We had dinner there as well. I had some sprite and some stir-fried beef with rice.

We ended up going back to the hotel at 11:30 by taxi. The next day we caught the plane back to Brisbane. On the plane I watched about 7 episodes of How I Met Your Mother, Diary of a Wimpy Kid and Date Night. When we got to Brisbane airport the luggage took ages to come and there was a line to get out of the airport due to stupid customs. That’s the end of my South East Asian Odyssey. Keep posted for the next episode of the intrepid traveler.



Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



10th July 2010

Home
Glad to see you are home safe and well after your trip ! Thankyou for sharing your adventures with us ! P xx
10th July 2010

Back to Singapore
So you had fun right till the end of your holiday. Wow! I live in a snowroom which is fun and weird for nearly six months in a year! At the moment it's +28c. Thank you for sharing your trip. It's good to be away awhile to see home with new eyes too. Love Irmeli xx
12th July 2010

Back home
Hi Liam, Sorry about lack of comments -I've been on the road, too (feeble excuse). But, nothing like as interesting as your trip -I'd love to have seen the wildlife you've been running around with, spiders, monitor lizards, orangs: the whole lot. Impressed with your write-ups too -thanks for keeping me on your email list. All the best -and Hi to the rest of your family - Mike

Tot: 0.086s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0545s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb