Christmas in the Tropics


Advertisement
Singapore's flag
Asia » Singapore
December 9th 2008
Published: December 9th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Sweet is definitely the right word when describing the atmosphere now here in Singapore. Bit overdecorated and sumptuous also. Streets are all over transformed into a candy land dripping with gumdrops, liquorice, candy canes and jelly beans, and Christmas carols are played everywhere. Still, as exotic as it seems, something is missing, the snow maybe?! Gosh, I'm not serious, hopefully we won't get it..

December here has been the most different December in my life this far. Last week we went to try rollerblading to the East Coast Park, and we had a superb time there, really! I'm still in a one piece. Although in the end of our time there the "Esther" showed us her dark side, and it started to rain like never before.. You can see from the photos which was the result after that. At least people gave as finally some room in the metro.

Monsoon season is still strongly going on, we are waiting and hoping for the off side to start and sun to come out. Would be literally speaking nice to get some tan, despite of the fact that during these weeks we wouldn't even have a time to lie under the sun. So I'm getting used to carry umbrella with me all the time, like everybody else. Although the locals here are carrying umbrellas and opening them even faster when the sun starts to shine..





Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement

One Christmas tree, againOne Christmas tree, again
One Christmas tree, again

I guess we will still see many more


Tot: 0.062s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0424s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb