A Rubber Band Affair


Advertisement
Singapore's flag
Asia » Singapore
December 3rd 2008
Published: December 4th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Rubber Band Rocks



It was a star studded affair last Saturday evening at a downtown hotel in Orchard as we “anticipated” for our company’s dinner and dance. “Anticipated” was not a strong word. Afterall, it was "N" years ago when the last dinner and dance took place. I’m not sure why there was much anticipation and excitement when we first heard that there was going to be one this time round.

At least for me, there was never that same level of enthusiasm in my previous company’s dinner and dance. Certainly, most people in the company were looking forward as it was not within the living memory when the last was held. (Lesson learnt: Never have an annual dinner and dance in the company. Have it once in many years.) Probably, we had to pay $10 upfront to demonstrate our commitment to attend. Probably, most of my friends were attending.

This year's Dinner and Dance was particularly meaningful ~ not because I was one of the lucky draw winners. Rather, it was my first and my final with the company. 20 months have passed since I joined the company in April 2007. It was finally time for me to say goodbye in December 2008.

The highlight of the evening was not about the food, not the lucky draw but rather, their stunning performance by "Rubber Band” with their rendition of Aaron Kwok's 1990 hit "对你爱不完". It was nice to see JJ and MM on stage giving their best and entertaining the 270 strong crowd. It was nice to see the "Rubber Band Banner" floating around knowing that Mr B, Miss C and Miss J had spent sometime putting it together.

Above all, it was nice to see my friends coming together on-stage and off-stage making the event a success.

Who says Engineers are boring people? At least, I found excitement and creativity in their 5 minute performance.

At the end of the night, even though Rubber Band emerged the 2nd runner up, they were certainly the best as far as we were concerned.

Rubber Band certainly rocks.





Advertisement



Tot: 0.112s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0865s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb