Raffles & Boat Quay


Advertisement
Singapore's flag
Asia » Singapore
September 23rd 2008
Published: September 23rd 2008
Edit Blog Post

Yesterday we planned to visit the infamous Raffles hotel....got very lost once off the MRT (tube equivalent) But eventually found the hotel and headed to long bar as recommended. here they provide monkey nuts and u chuck the shells on the floor! felt uneasy doing it!! lol. such a posh place. had a couple of singapore slings....really good. william (manager of our hostel that we are staying at) said it is impossible to copy! i have got the recipe, will have to give it a go!! dan nearly fainted when we got the bill......50odd singapore dollars.....20 quid for 2 drinks :-)

Headed through the shopping malls to swissotel the stamford for a view of singapore. its the tallest building in singapore....went in a lift to the 70th floor, treat for dan (he hates lifts!!). the doors parted to reveal a stunning view of singpore, made our legs go to jelly! very high! looked around and then had a drink in the new asia bar overlooking the high rises of singapore.

We werent all that hungry but had to try out a curry place highly recommended by James...singaporeons are obsessed with food! eating is their hobby and shopping is their sport!! (thats how they burn it all off!) there are so many shopping malls here, unbelievable, great for keeping cool with ac, and plenty of food halls.

Enjoyed our curry and a jug of beer at Boat Quay, a slightly cheaper Clark Quay! Overlooked the river, pics r up...check it out.

OK im sure that i can hear singstar playing downstairs in our hostel, gotta go check that out!!!

Keep all your comments, emails and messages coming.

Love Jo and Dan x x x x

Advertisement



Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0563s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb