Oz!!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Perth
September 28th 2008
Published: October 2nd 2008
Edit Blog Post

Hi all, its been a few days!

Was good to arrive in Oz, landed at 2pm on Thursday! Lisa met us with Jayden in arrivals. Was really good to be somewhere with a sense of normality! had a lovely welcome with a barbie with lisa, steve, declan, lola and jayden. The next day we had a morning tea round lisa's friends house, massive cakes and cappacinos. Been spoilt ever since landing here! Lisa took us on a tour around the place that they live in Port Kennedy. The weather has been quite chilly, it rained when we landed!! Got a phone call later that day from Chris (dans cricket buddy)....he said he was picking us up Friday night for a road trip to Margaret River, look it up...nice place. Although we didnt do any sights just explored the local pub!

We got picked up by Chris Friday night, met Brad and Brett, Brad's parents own the holiday home in Margaret River. We got a taxi into town at 12 on Saturday to watch the Aussie Rules Final at the pub. Great atmosphere in the pub...had a great bender there, but mixed drinks..did a bit of betting and went home pretty 'belted' (as they say here in oz). Next day just chilled and got back to Lisa & Steve's that evening.

Monday was a bank holiday here for the Queens Birthday, had good weather and we went to Kings Park with the Smees...is probably the size of QE Park and has great views across Swan River looking over the Perth. (Photos will follow at some point). Had a great day here after a Full English on the barbie at Lisa & Steves. Chilled on the grass bank over looking the city and strolled round the park, was pretty busy and we later found out there was an annual wildflower show taking place that attracts thousands of ppl. Sods law that we pick that day to go, lol.

Tuesday we decided to enquire about hiring a car over here, Oz is so vast that a car would really be easier to get around and get to places that public transport doesnt really take u to. Called the company and had to pay a deposit and 30 bucks a day...got them to pick us up from the smees, got there and they said that as we were both under 25 we had to leave a bigger deposit, pay more a day and had a crazy $1500 excess....hmmmm. so decided to leave that one and they didnt offer us a lift back or anything so decided to walk and find a bus stop...we were in the middle of a sorta industrial estate not very pedeastrian friendly. Any who, we started walking and saw a lady sitting on a bench, asked if she was waiting for a bus and where it went. The bus turned up a few minutes later and we were headed for Mandurah...random. It started to thrash is down with rain whilst on the bus, looked at dan with a narked expression..more bad luck, lol. We were going all round the suberbs, who knows where we were...then there was a massive bang on the bus. Gave me a heart attack, we had a flat. Woop woop! lol. The day was getting better, but just laughed. Bus driver had a look but decided to just drive slowly, finally made it to the train station and decided to head to Freemantle, good bars, restaurants and shops here. We had to get a couple of trains but day ticket is really good value. Got off at Perth for some munch and decided to spend the day there as so much to look around and good shops. :-) So the day turned out just fine, just had a bit of an adventurous start!

So today is thursday, so just left to talk abvout yesterday...We had a bit of a chilled day, just walked up to the shops nearby Lisa's, sorted some photos got some munch and watched the beach when we got back. Chris mentioned going out wed night, thurs night and watch cricket saturday so decided to crash at chris' for the next few nights. Got a bus and train to a station near chris' and chris picked us up and headed to his folks. Met chris' dad, and then headed out to a "pub" in the city. Was a bit more like a club and we were severly under dressed! Was having a good time drinking half price cocktails and trying to force dan to dance, until someone (im keeping my language down :-D) swiped my drink! Rude!! Dan didnt know exactly who it was, lucky for here. Was quite pissed! (as in peed off) But was a really strong long island ice tea, so maybe not a great loss. Again met Brad and a mate there, think brad was the most belted and he had work today, haha. work, whats that? Got in in the early hours this morning...comedy moment coming up. Chris had forgot his house keys...we had to knock the door to get let in, woke up his folks. Doh! Chris' mum unlocked the door...chris asked if we had met his mum...bad times. Planning to mooch around the city today and out 2nite.

Plans for Perth: Freemantle, Perth zoo maybe, go to Rottnest Island, see a bit of cricket and just chilax. Think weather is improving next week so praps beach and maybe a dip in the smees new pool :-)

XXX

Dan has just given Chris a little present we got him in a great tat shop in the city....its a honk if you're horny sign...haha.


Advertisement



2nd October 2008

Another chapter of my travelling novel :-)

Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0483s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb