Imperial Palace of Singapore


Advertisement
Singapore's flag
Asia » Singapore
August 3rd 2008
Published: August 6th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Hey, time really flies



The trip to the Imperial Palace of Singapore (read: Istana) last Sunday afternoon was interesting as it brought back memories of my NS experience.

Just 7 years ago, we were marching on the very same path leading to the main building for the monthly Change of Guards Ceremony. As the marching took on to a leisurely stroll today, I took a closer look at the Military Guard Room. This was where we used to rest in between breaks. I pitied the ceremonial guards standing outside the main gate where each duty lasted for about 1 hr 45 minutes during our time.

But I guess the experience will make them to be a more disciplined person in time to come. At least, it happened to most of us who were proud of what we did during our NS years. This was the general sentiments when we went back for our recent In-Camp Training.

Not that we missed the good old days though.

The only thing that I lament is, "Hey, time really flies."

This aside, it’s a pity that the beautiful grounds are opened to the public only on special occasions. After all, it is hard to find a rare piece of green oasis in the heart of Orchard Road these days.






Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.085s; Tpl: 0.027s; cc: 8; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0287s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb