Short Update!


Advertisement
Singapore's flag
Asia » Singapore
June 29th 2007
Published: June 29th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Summer FunSummer FunSummer Fun

At the 360 Degree Park!
Hey everyone!

Let me begin by saying that Singapore itself is VERY expensive, a decent meal starts at probably $16 but if you are okay with McDonald's or Burger King etc, it is priced the same as at home! I shall be honest admit that we have not ate a lot of Asian food here other than rice, chicken and spring roles!

I have come to find that people here love two things: SHOPPING and FOOD! Seriously, both Christa and I are amazed with how many malls there are here and they aren't small! Right now is the "Great Singapore"sale where there is no GST and supposably amazing sales throughout Singapore for an entire month!

Yesterday we spent the day down in China Town which pretty much consisted of a market and some temples, we also went to Little India but to be honest, we didn't feel to welcomed there so we pretty much walked right through...

Last night Christa and I spent some time wandering down by the infamous Raffles Hotel(where the Singapore Sling drink was invented), unfortunatley my camera isn't working so well when it comes to night shots so I have no clear
Everyday BeautyEveryday BeautyEveryday Beauty

Who wouldn't want to live here?!
pictures to show...we also went down to Clarke Quey which is popular hang out for ex-patriots along the river, very pretty but again, expensive.

Now today...today was awesome! We went to a waterpark called 360 degrees where you can waterski and wakeboard! YAHOO! It's located in a popular local and tourist area called East Coast Park. At this park you do not need a ski boat as you ski using a cable, much like a tow rope or T-bar at a ski hill- very cool! Unfortunately it is a little different trying to get up with a cable rather than a boat as you have to start either standing up on the dock or sitting...all in all, it was a great day!

So, I know I said that Singapore is expensive but we found one thing that is CHEAP....FLYING! We just booked our flights to Thailand yesterday and guess what we are paying for almost a two hour flight?! $9.99..yes, you read it right! We had to compromise on our days but the most expensive flight was $26. At least now I can say that I was able to fly to a different country for under $10! How many Canadians can say they flew across Canada or between Edmonton and Calgary for that price?! NO ONE!

Well I should run and wake up my sleeping beauty of sister...I probably won't be posting again until we are in Thailand.

Take care everyone.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Ah...concentrate!Ah...concentrate!
Ah...concentrate!

Squatting to pee takes more concentration than you may think...boys!
Fullerton HotelFullerton Hotel
Fullerton Hotel

Anyone care for a Singapore Sling?!


Tot: 0.052s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 9; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0298s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb