back to the city


Advertisement
Singapore's flag
Asia » Singapore
December 1st 2006
Published: December 6th 2006
Edit Blog Post

We have now been Singapore- wow this place was amazing, we loved it. We stayed in a very nice hotel and had the honor of being in the city at the same time as president bush. They hiked up the price for the hotels while he was there, although luckily it was only for one night.

We were staying in the centre of the city and our hotel and room over looked the marina. Nothing was too far away and we had a shopping centre attached to the hotel. I have not bought anything so have done really well so far. Our first night we looked around and went out for a bit to eat, which ended up rather messy as Geoff and I got bladdered. It is a very romantic place to go and it was warm was you could walk everywhere.

Again everyone was very pleasant and the public transport was fantastic. Taxis were also dirty cheap so getting around was not a problem. The whole city was very clean and no chewing gum was allowed but the range of mints was mad. Smoking was also not really big over there as a lot of clubs and restaurants would not allow you to smoke which was nice, as we didn’t stink.

I bought my first pair of shoes of the trip which is pretty good for me, and the only reason why was because my havianas were giving me really bad blisters and we were walking loads. They have been a permanent fixture on my feet ever since though.

We went everywhere from shopping centres to little restaurants down side streets. It was nice to be back in a city as we were more active plus there were no mossies which bit us alive in Thailand. we had a lovely time at sentosa island which is an island connected to Singapore and spent the day there going to see dolphins, the rotating tower and other attractions.

A highlight was going to the Fullerton hotel for Sunday brunch, it was amazing. lobster, prawns, oysters- every type of sea food you could imagine, every type of cheese, fry up, Thai, fruit, chocolate, roasts, free flow verve champagne. It was amazing, if you every go to Singapore it is worth doing.

It is a romantic city and we went for lots of meals and a boat tour at night we would defo recommend you to go.

It is very cheap over there so you don’t spend a fortune; you have great clubs such as ministry of sound and even hooters. You also have less commercialised places which gave us a good mixture of things to do.


Advertisement



9th December 2006

trip
Hi Honor and jeoff, we too stayed and loved singapore, may be for us it was because it was so clean and things to do we the chidlren. We had a night tour of the zoo and the water world is super better than the one in disney. We were really scared going to Sentosa Island as we took the cable car. At the time with us were three other chidlren.It was new years eve day and we had our friends 3 with us as they were preparing for the new years party in their house. Uncle chalres hates hieghts dispite working on the oil rigs. and the yar previously the cable car had fallen down something to do with transporting an oil rid out to sea and forgewtting that the cable car was in the way. unlike the singaporeans to be so disorgaised. not the sort of story you want to hear before getting on one. the trip sounds great so far. love to you all. the clarks

Tot: 0.081s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0361s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb