our first stop


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand
November 30th 2006
Published: December 6th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Hello everyone, we hope you are all well. This is just a brief overview of what we have done so far but we are sure you will find the pictures more interesting.

Bangkok

We spent a few nights in Bangkok which was interesting. Our first night we managed to get stung out of money and have Bart taken off us for things that should have been dirt cheap but we were too tired to argue. From then on we decided to be a bit tougher and have been reasonably lucky.
We had a nice time there and the weather was really hot but didn’t do much as we were jet lagged.

Koh samui

From Bangkok we went to koh samui and it was lovely. I have attached the pictures for you to all get jealous. We stayed in these sweet beach huts just on the coast but we only had nice weather for a few days before it started to rain and get cold. It is very similar to England, they can all speak English and boots was every where plus the weather change which managed to stay with us throughout our trip to every country.

We had Thai massages which were an experience, more like a sports massage. Geoff and I relaxed and had a great time but we decided to move to the other side of the island which was not so commercialised called Mae nam. It was a shock but an experience, we were the only white people and our bungalows were in the middle of no where. To make things worse there was nothing to do or anyone else staying in the resort. It was very scary at night time, but we made the most of it and had a look around. They were very pretty bungalows and it would have been fab if the weather was nice but it was cold and raining.
As I hate dogs it was a bit of a nightmare there as they were everywhere. I am getting better though and at least now I tell them to shoo, instead of standing still with fear!!

Koh pha ngan

From there we went to koh pha ngan and stayed in a wonderful resort called salad beach, it was ideallic and was lovely and full couples which was a shock for us and Michelle.

To get to the resort we had to crawl under a live power cable as the storms had knocked it down, you can image me I was not impressed as I was tired and paranoid about getting electrocuted. Within minutes of getting past that hurdle I fell over flat on my face with my 20kg bag on top of me, what a picture!!! I had to laugh in the end but it bloody hurt.

From there we went to had rin, as there was the half moon party and it was busier. We stayed in this lovely resort called coral and it was full of young people for us to mix with. We had buckets of the local drink sam sung and went out partying. Again the weather was rubbish so there was not much we could do in terms of snorkelling etc, so Geoff and I will go back in the peak season as it will be amazing.



Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



12th December 2006

are you having a good time?
I wish you were in Jersey with Tara...make sure you come and visit me when you get back. I hope you are having fun travelling with Geoff ps...i love u xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Tot: 0.06s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0406s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb