A Sling Up On The Roof


Advertisement
Singapore's flag
Asia » Singapore
September 9th 2023
Published: September 10th 2023
Edit Blog Post

Woke early still on NZ time but had a pretty good sleep…..Got out and about at 8.30 and found a breakfast bar and coffee to start with as most malls etc don’t open till 10 am on a Saturday ???? …. Wandered around and across the river into the boat Quay area …. Very historical part of Singapore and lots of bars and eateries … meandered around the riverside and was really pleasant … temperature pretty manageable at 29 with a lot of cloud cover and breezes, every now and then the sun would come out and just be so intense. Got around to the Dragon Fountain Merlion Park and found a few postcards to send to the oldies ….. kept walking right around the Marina Bay and along to Marina Sands Plaza a huge shopping complex with many arms and legs … even a canal through the bottom complete with Gondolas and boatmen sculling people around…. Went through and up the top of Marina Bay Sands Building 650ft or 198mtrs and 57 stories (a bunch of very drunk KIWIS in the lift) at 11.30 am …… took lots of pictures and enjoyed a Singapore Sling Slushie and was very nice, took in the view and video messengered the kids from the top there’s free wifi everywhere. Made our way down around 12.30 and starting to feel a little weary (a shock to the system on the feet .. ended up doing close to 10km). Stopped by the River heading back for a Subway Lunch and shot of sugar in a cool fizzy drink was a good pick me up to get back to the Hotel by 3pm … everywhere getting ready and setting up Roads and Seating for Fomula 1 starting here Monday. Had a rest … cool shower and drink … Went out again at 6pm for dinner had buffet in the hotel and bottle of wine … boy the food was spicy Hot !!! Had a wander and back by 9pm worn out, a couple of Ports and crashed ready again for tomorrow.


Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement



Tot: 0.224s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 8; qc: 32; dbt: 0.0426s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb