Up Up and Away


Advertisement
Singapore's flag
Asia » Singapore
September 8th 2023
Published: September 9th 2023
Edit Blog Post

Up and said our goodbyes to the kids … travelled to Auckland and Left the car at Long Term Parking. 11am Shuttle to the Airport and got rid of our Suitcases….. Moved through departure and it was very quiet and easy done and dusted in 20 minutes. Bought a couple bottles of Port to take with us for nightcaps and Don got a good deal on his Rum for our return. Had a snack at Maccas around mid day and made our way to the boarding gate …. Embarked at 1.40 and flew out at 2.10 pm luckily Don and I had 3 seats across to ourselves. A good 11hr flight on Singapore airlines, with a couple of meals and a movie and snooze here and there. Disembarked quickly and smoothly at 9pm (1am NZ time) was nice to feel the warmth and thaw out after the cold airplane …29 degrees …and through immigration quickly and collected our bags and out the door. Was allocated a Taxi and he delivered us into Singapore for 28 dollars … was a 20 min trip with lots of unusual looking trees … Tamarind… and lots of lights. Hotel Excelsior Peninsular… good central location and up to our room by 9.30 local time….room pretty average for the price $350 per night … but it will suffice…. A good stiff cuppa tea without milk and crash into bed…. A good sound sleep ready for a busy day tomorrow !!!.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.275s; Tpl: 0.019s; cc: 9; qc: 46; dbt: 0.049s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb