Shops, shops and more Shops!!


Advertisement
Singapore's flag
Asia » Singapore
November 23rd 2006
Published: November 28th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Oops! Just noticed that the chaotic entry I hurriedly wrote whilst queueing for the flight to Bangkok never got uploaded - must have pressed the wrong button as I prepared to shoulder barge the golden oldies to get me a seat!

Anyhoo, our few days in Singapore were great, though it was might hot and humid and we were very much glad of our airconditioned room! We spent a whole lot of time wandering up and down Orchard Rd checking everything out, sadly though we are not made of money and don't have 100 porters to carry all our hearts desires so in the end Corb picked up a very cool pair of shoes and I got an iPod.

We did make it out to the BrightHills Temple, which was huge and very peaceful, though it lacked the spirit of some of the temples we've seen. I hate to say it but it kinda had that Singapore vibe: clean, efficient and playing by the rules - works well sometimes, but other times it seems to kill the atmosphere.

Having loved it last time, we had to venture back to Lau Pa Sat for some iced tea and some delicious fresh crab. This time we tried the Black Pepper Crab, which Corb decided he preferred though I'm still championing the Sweet Chilli. Other than that it was more of Singapore's fantastic food: satay, noodles, tasty lychee drinks, icecream sandwiches... surprised we haven't put on more weight already!! A steady favourite this time round was the roti parata just round the corner from our hostel in Chinatown: hot, delicious, cheap and super friendly service. We went back every morning.

But before Singapore bled us dry it was time to flee for one last go at Thailand before we head home early December.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.193s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.1019s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb