The one where I finally get good Japanese food.....


Advertisement
Singapore's flag
Asia » Singapore
November 19th 2006
Published: November 20th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Rockin up in Singapore for a second time was much easier than the first as we knew exactly where we were and where we were heading and so it was only a short while before we were all sorted and at our hostel. This time we are staying in Chinatown, in an area full of restored old Chinese buildings, and just round the corner from enough food to keep us busy forever - so it's a great place to be.

After the usual errands such as organising cash and checking the net we called up Brenton (and woke him up, oops!) and arranged to meet later that evening.

Later came around and three of us began what was to become a really laid back and enjoyable evening. We started with satay in Smith St, then progressed to some tasty beverages at the MAxwell Road Food Centre (i had lychee juice!) before Brenton took us along to one of his fave Japanese restaurants for dinner. It was a great meal, especially since I had been craving Japanese since leaving home, that and Korean being the only Asian food regions we hadn't really visited and so hadn't eaten. We had a whole bunch of sushi, some chicken katsu and some salmon tataki, and finished if off with icecream sandwiches as we walked along Orchard Rd to admire the Christmas decorations (which are really cool by the way).

Finished off with a cool beer down on the Quay before we caught the last train back to the hostel just before it turned into a pumpkin.

It was great to catch up with Brenton and get his low down on the city. He seems to be enjoying it here, and promoted it as a place we might consider spending a bit more time in in future.

Day One and no shopping?? That had to wait til day two...

Advertisement



Tot: 0.164s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0921s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb