2 days in Singapore


Advertisement
Singapore's flag
Asia » Singapore
February 22nd 2020
Published: February 24th 2020
Edit Blog Post

After a 13 hour flight and no sleep, the first day was a bit of a loss especially as it rained heavily a few times and we got a bit lost trying to find the River! Singapore has become very expensive for food and drink since we were last here. Had a so-so Chinese meal at Forum restaurant by the river which cost a fair bit for not much. We were staying at the Marina Bay Sands which is also not cheap but has amazing architecture. Sadly it has no ambience so we would probably not choose to stay here again, though the room was very nice with great view over the Bay and Gardens. If you stay here, sign on and get a card for the deals in the bar and restaurants otherwise it is even more expensive. The staff are all very friendly and perhaps the lack of buzz about the place was that it wasn't that busy. The Coronavirus from China has had a major impact and put people off coming. The hotels are taking it seriously by checking everyone's temperature as we come through the door. Most of the staff are wearing masks but most of the guests are not. On our second day, the sun was shining and we decided to visit the Gardens by the Bay which are close to the hotel and are really well worth a visit. Buy the ticket on line in order to get into the Flower Dome and Cloud Forest as this way is cheaper. A ticket is also needed for the Tree Sky walk and the rest of the gardens are free but there is not as much to see. Saying that, we saw a group otters frolicking on a grassy bank which was a real treat and the huge tree sculptures are amazing. These are lit up at night and change colour. The Domes are fascinating and well laid out with wonderful plants.

In the evening we headed out to Clarke Quay where there are lots of restaurants and bars and it is a lively place to spend the evening. We met up with some old friends and had dinner at Bayang at the Quay. Delicious food and lots of wine. Found a bar on the opposite side of the river and sat outside demolishing more wine. Highly recommend this area.


Additional photos below
Photos: 19, Displayed: 19


Advertisement



Tot: 0.038s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0198s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb