Singapore day 3


Advertisement
Singapore's flag
Asia » Singapore
October 9th 2017
Published: October 9th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Hi everyone,

It's been another very hot day,32 * and 90% humidity.we have been out and about all day.we decided to take the MRT( underground) or Martin as I have renamed it. Pat has had trouble remembering the order of the letters so I thought this would help. It did .travelling was easy and well organised so we had no problems getting to Orchard Road where all the rich Singaporeans shop. I only bought bits in a craft shop so the money was pretty safe. After window shopping and lunch ,Pats choice of Chinese food was not great.He realised that one of the items from the buffet that he had chosen was some sort of soft crackling and slimey animal skin.? Next we popped over to Raffles where we had the obligatory and hugely overpriced Singapore sling.its a delightful place and would have been even better if renovations hadn't have been going on. It's very strange but they have complimentary peanuts in their shells on all tables and at the bar. You are supposed to discard the empty shells by dropping them on the floor. So there is a pile of shells by everyone's feet. It's to honour the peanut growers who used to drink in Raffles. After that we made our way back to the hotel in time for the night saffari.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.243s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0363s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb