Day 2 Singapore


Advertisement
Singapore's flag
Asia » Singapore
October 8th 2017
Published: October 8th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Hi everyone,

I'm amazed that we slept as the bed seemed as if it were made of steel. However it was really comfortable and set us up for a busy day. Hotel buffet breakfast was truly extensive and very good.

We made our own way to Chinatown which was approx 10 min walk from hotel. Lots of places to eat as you would expect and tasty food at low prices. Interesting shops. It didn't take long before Pat was sweet talked into buying two "very high quality silk shirts at very good price sir" according to the shop keeper. Actually I can vouch for the fact that he was correct and so two more shirts will join the ever increasing stash he is accumulating at home. He also bought a man bag( for practical reasons) lol After lunch we went on a city tour which took us to the orchid garden which was stunning even in the pouring rain,a Chinese temple,Marina bay and little India. Due to an Indian festival the place was heaving with Indian people some of whom were walking barefoot for 5 km to a temple in Chinatown for a ceremony and then a hot coal walk .As the four of us in our family have done a hot coal walk we were not as impressed as the other tourists lol .

We had a quick turnaround and headed back out after a half hour break to the gardens by the bay. Some stunning flowers were on display.Also sculptures made mainly from wood which were impressive and attractive.In the open air were these extremely large man made trees covered with living plants and flowers which became illuminated after dark.They were strikingly beautiful. One tree that impressed Pat was the Dumpling tree. It had dumplings hanging from its branches. it was only when I had a fit of hysterical laughter and pointed out the nylon string from which they were suspended that Pat realised it was not real. Honestly.....!

We've eaten lots of Chinese food today which is not a bad thing as it's lovely ,done over 14000 steps so hopefully walked off some calories.Ready to go to bed now as we plan to do another tiring but exciting day tomorrow.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.242s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0327s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb