Day 81 Singapore


Advertisement
Singapore's flag
Asia » Singapore » Singapore Harbour
February 4th 2015
Published: February 5th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Hi people,



We started off the day with a swim in the parks pool. It was so nice to cool down in this heat, only problem was it was raining and the heat quickly disappeared and left us in a cold pool. Still was so good to have a swim and relax. We headed back to the condo for a shower and some breakfast. (honey on toast)



We had planned to head to Pulau Ubin today but as the weather was so poor we decided to have a chilled day, we headed to have a look around chinatown, beth said it was good. We got there and found so many Chinese food stalls (made me a very happy boy) so we decided to have lunch there. I wanted something from one stall and vick another so we spilt up to meet up at this table however we lost each other and had lunch separate 😞 (I didn't mind as it meant my dumplings were safe from Vick). I had these amazing dumplings and Shizuan noodle (spicy) and Vick had cold soy sauce spring onion and peanut noodles which she loved. We had a walk around all the shops which we couldn't believe charged more for fakes than England does for the real thing its unreal!!!! After a while it all seemed to all look the same so we decided to head back.



Once back we decided to watch the film Boyhood, it was ok didn't have a real plot but was impressive as it was shot over 13 years with the same actors!!! Yes we both were impressed as well!!! After that everyone started heading back to the condo so we chatted to everyone for a while before heading out to see the light show in the Marina bay area.



We got the Metro there and after a few changes and a long walk through this amazing mall (Its like Dubai here). We headed out to a step area where people can sit to watch the show. It involves spraying water and projecting on videos and jetting water up to music, its not a great description but it was amazing to watch, and the place was packed (it was free). Its a pity our pictures don't do it justice.



We headed back to the condo as we were both shattered (Vick could barely keep her eyes open). I had a read and both fell asleep quickly.



Thanks for reading!!



Love N&V X


Additional photos below
Photos: 45, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.065s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0416s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb