Universally Speaking


Advertisement
Singapore's flag
Asia » Singapore » Sentosa Island
May 10th 2013
Published: May 18th 2013
Edit Blog Post

According to Dad's guidebook which was published in 1985, Sentosa Island used to house an impressive golf course and a maritime museum. Now the whole island is a resort with a monorail which takes visitors from the beach to the hotels and the attractions.

When I Googled the island way back in November I discovered that there was a Universal Studios on the island. Seeing as we both had fond memories of Universal in LA with various music tours, it seemed a great idea to kick back and scare ourselves sily.

We took the slightly terrifying cable car from the fifteenth floor of a nearby tower across the bay to the beautiful island of Sentosa. The views of Singapore on the way over were stunning. The views of Andrew's pained face as we went over the peak of the cable was not so.

After taking in the view of the Merlion and getting the monorail to the Universal Studios ticket hall we had the nice surprise that the STA cash card, being a Master Card, meant we got 15% off our tickets!

We spent the rest of the day enjoying huge 82 kilometre per hour roller-coasters, an immense Jurassic Park water ride, the best 3D ride I have ever seen cheesily based on Transformers 2 (I did genuinely believe that Megatron was going to eat me at one point) and a Steven Spielberg stunt show. After screaming our lungs out for a day we headed back to meet Farah's other grandma for Shabbat.

It was lovely to meet more of the family and the food was amazing. It was also quite refreshing to eat chollah and talk of Golders Green.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.094s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0542s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb