Day Four, Part Two - Hello Singapore


Advertisement
Singapore's flag
Asia » Singapore » Little India
December 24th 2009
Published: January 8th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Singapore

Landing in Changi and over to Little India for our accomodation; then Clark Quay

Day Four Part Two - Singapore - Hoooooooooooooooters!!



Landing at Changi was as smooth as can be and soon we were off and through immigration. We walked into the customs hall and the humidity hit us like a wave. When you see local staff fanning themselves you know it isn’t just you.

Rather than a taxi we opted to get to our accommodation on the MRT, the cleanest metro system going. Once we arrived at our stop we faced a 5 minute walk to the hostel with the packs on. We even stopped for water as it was a shock to the system. The Mitraa was superb from when we walked in the door and a step up from the Ah Shan in Hong Kong. Angela got to do the laundry so her Monica side was pacified.

Hunger began to call though with the Dim Sum worked off in the run to the gate so we headed into town. As it was Christmas Eve we decided to hang the budget and hit Clark Quay. We walked around the harbour and finally decided we all wanted some western comfort food and settled on Hooters. Yes lads, I got to take the family to Hooters.

To be fair it should really be called ‘Tight Asian Arses’ as Hooters are not one of the predominant features of the Asiatic laydee. All the same, Shannon got herself a Hooters top as a souvenir although they sadly didn’t have the orange hot pants in my size.

After dinner, we strolled along the Quay past Raffles landing site to Boat Quay and then the Fullerton grabbing an ice cream on the way. This was all a prelude to heading up to Orchard Road to see the Christmas lights and to maybe pick up some shopping.

Orchard Road is one mile of solid shopping centres and is usually busy enough but in my previous visit I’d never expected what we found. There were thousands and thousands cramming the streets. Angela got ‘the fear’, thinking she was about to get trampled to death so we made a tactical retreat.

We got back to the hostel, had a few beers and called a few of you to wish a Happy Christmas. Good Times.

Today’s Highlights ‘Tight Asian Arses’.



Additional photos below
Photos: 41, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.059s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 26; dbt: 0.0233s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb