Day Five - Christmas At The Zoo


Advertisement
Singapore's flag
Asia » Singapore » Singapore Zoo
December 25th 2009
Published: January 8th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Singapore Zoo


Day Five - IT’S CHRISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSTMAS



With the inflatable tree in place and presents underneath it is a fine start to the day. After breakfast we head off to the Zoo and the sun comes out to add baking heat to the oppressive humidity.

The Zoo is a marvellous place, lauded as the best Zoo in the world and rightly so. The enclosures are open where possible with ditches and moats used to keep in the animals. The orang-utans can swing from their large area out over the walkways - they hang above you trying to cadge an ice cream. The animals are fed live feed where possible to keep them more active, eg the polar bears must dive in to catch fish released into their pool.

We started with a few of the monkeys and then the white tigers. Soon we headed over to the orang-utans and they were marvellous. Swinging around your head, you can climb up to a platform in their midst. Later the girls took an elephant ride before we all took the boat ride up the reservoir. By this stage I was dying of the heat and a tad grumpy if you could believe it..

After getting a lovely air con taxi ride home, we headed out for dinner and settled on a southern Indian place. No real idea what we ordered but it was bloody good if mightily spicy. And a change from turkey and stuffing...

Today’s Highlights Christmas in the heat; the best Zoo in the world; a cold Tiger beer





Additional photos below
Photos: 164, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.125s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 55; dbt: 0.0864s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb