Day Four, Part One - Leaving Hong Kong


Advertisement
Hong Kong's flag
Asia » Hong Kong
December 24th 2009
Published: December 25th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


Day Four Part One - Dim Sum Delays



A wonderful hot shower blew away the cobwebs as we faced another day and another country. With the hostel reception not open until a leisurely 9am, we set off to catch an airbus around 8am. Getting up onto the top deck (I could kill for a can of Top Deck right now as I write this on the Jetstar flight to Changi) meant we had a great view of the Kowloon docks as for we crossed to Lantau.

With check in also quite leisurely opening we nipped off to Starbucks to squeeze in a Christmas special Dark Mocha. Refreshed and checked in it was time to get a large breakfast. Leanne plumped for the safe BK option and even managed to ‘go large’ whilst the rest of us decided to do it the local way and have some Dim Sum. We got a selection and it was superb. Shanghai Pork, Beijing Pork, Kale & Pinenut and some pan-fried pork that tasted like the best ever miniature sausage roll left us very happy.

However the time taken to get it was leaving us a bit tight for time. We got to departures and Angela began to have a little bit of ‘concern’. Next time we’ll get her downers although she was right to be concerned. We ran from security to the monorail and when we jumped on I was fairly confident we’d make the flight until I overheard some Singapore girls beside us panicking. Hmm. Another sprint up an escalator and across to the gate to be greeted by staff waving us furiously forward wasn’t helped by my decision to wear a lamb’s wool jumper in the airport. Sweating like a paedophile in a Barney suit I was mightily relieved the taxi bus was still waiting.


Today’s highlights - Dim Sum breakfast; Nina Simone’s ‘Here Comes The Sun’ playing whilst looking out over Ho Chi Minh City; and Singapore to come



Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



3rd January 2010

Hurt and disappointed (but still avidly following) of Newcastle
As the Salvatore “Sal” Paradise to your Dean Moriarty (with our North American Wedding trail in mind), I have to say I was hurt and disappointed .......and hurt that it was only by way of loose chat and banter at the 2009 Vennings Championship that I heard that you were on the road again. Hope its going well big gun. Pass on my best to Angela. Happy New Year (of the the Tiger) Kyleo

Tot: 0.054s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 26; dbt: 0.0239s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb