Back In Singapore


Advertisement
Singapore's flag
Asia » Singapore » Little India
November 4th 2008
Published: November 4th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Dear all,
I am now back in Singapore. Spent my first day back here walking ten miles around Singapore looking for a new camera. As you know, my old one flooded underwater! So in true Wendy style I ended up ordering the first one that I saw...but only after I had checked out every single other shop in the whole of Singapore!! So should be picking the camera up in the next couple of days.
After that I went and stayed three nights on Sentosa Island. Its part of Singapore and attached to the mainland by a bridge and cable car. There are lots of things to do on Sentosa so it made sense to stay there for a bit.
On the first day I visited the underwater world...which was excellent. Then we went to Dolphin lagoon. During the dolphin show Dan was chosen as a volunteer to get in the water with the dolphins, lucky him!!
All of the photos on here were taken with my mobile, and I dont think they are too bad!!
We also went to a strange show called "Songs of the Sea" and went on a big ski lift. Dan didnt like the lift and refused to do the return trip on it and went back down on the luge instead!!
So we are now back on the mainland staying in Little India. Its a very interesting area of Singapore. Last night we went to the cinema...it was so good to see a film in an English speaking country. Tomorrow we pick up our camera and then we can go to the night safari to test it out!
Then on Friday we fly to Bali. We are meeting up with some of our friends that we met in Thailand, so there will be plenty of catching up and drinking going on. Hopefully some diving work too.
Right I am going to upload the photos now.
Hope that you are all well. You will be pleased to know that we are having a huge storm here and it is raining too hard to go out. But it is still 32 degrees!!
Love to you all,
Wendy
xx


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement

The MerlionThe Merlion
The Merlion

The mascot of Singapore, half lion and half mermaid.
View from chair lift.View from chair lift.
View from chair lift.

This is one of the worlds busiest shipping lanes..right next to the beach!
Me.Me.
Me.

Standing on the Southern most tip of Continental Asia.


Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 24; dbt: 0.054s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb