Our last night in Asia!


Advertisement
Singapore's flag
Asia » Singapore » Little India
July 28th 2008
Published: July 29th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Either the alarm or manic traffic woke us all up pretty early. It was just as well because we had a long day ahead of us. Skipping breakfast (but only for the time being as Dale is now back) we took the MRT down to the harbour front, ready for a day on the island of Sentosa. After catching a quick bite to eat in various fastfood restaurants in the massive 'vivo city' shopping mall, we purchased our 'day of fun' tickets and boarded the Sentosa shuttle.

It was seriously hot on the island and we took a quick walk down to Santosa beach for the nice photo opportunitites (as Ollie is still obsessed over his new camera). The ticket we had purchased meant we were able to do some of the disney-like attractions the island had to offer. We went into the 'images of Singapore' and learnt about the history of the island. Next, on marks special request, we went into the butterfly and insect world which we all actually enjoyed alot. There turned out to be birds and snakes and all sorts. This then led us to the 100m high revolving 'tiger tower', which meant once again Ollie could make full use of his new camera! The heat was becoming unbearable, so we took the cable car home, which also had some nice views of the island and singapore city.

The afternoon was spent on Orchard Rd, litterally druelling at expensive items we had no chance of purchasing. The real reason for heading this way was to find the Quantas office and sort out our flights for the remainder of the trip. I'm ashamed to say another fastfood joint was hit before returning to Little India.

We had arranged to meet Emily ( who we had met in Vietnam; French but is currently living in Singapore) in Raffles for one of the 'must do's' of Singapore; a singapore sling. I think we were all slightly taken back by the modest 'long bar' as I was certainly expecting something a little more glamerous! I mean, we had all dressed up! It was the first time Dale had wore jeans and a shirt since he left England. Although the slings were very nice and Emily's company was great and Mark enjoyed the monkey nuts so much, he took a handful with him (take the boy out of watford......).

Not being able to afford a secong drink in raffles for obvious reasons, we decided to move on to the equally touristy 'Clarkes Quay' for another social drink. After losing the train station, we had dinner in a local restaurant which seemed to bring Emily's bearings back to her and we were very quickly in a bar called the clinic (where we were summoned to wheelchairs; very much needed when Ollie felt faint looking at the price of the drinks). Deciding one bear was enough at this bar too, Emily left (hospital appointment the next morning) and the boys hit hooters for beer and chicken wings; good times!!! We caught the late train home anf eventually hit the hay, ready for our travels ahead.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Sick at the ClinicSick at the Clinic
Sick at the Clinic

Drinks served in IVs or shots in Syringes, and wheelchairs for seats. Awesome!


Tot: 0.214s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 8; qc: 50; dbt: 0.1028s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb