Singapore


Advertisement
Singapore's flag
Asia » Singapore
July 27th 2008
Published: May 11th 2010
Edit Blog Post

After what can only be called a slight lie in (although the traffic on the road outside was dieing to wake us all up) we went down for breakfast in the local restaurant underneath our 'hostel'. I think we've all learned by now that nothing starts the day like chicken and rice in the hottest sauce known to man; really opens up the sinuses you know! Today was our relaxed exploring day, while tommorow will be left for full on touristy crap/stuff.

We took the MRT, which we already loved by now, and went down to the harbour front. Without a travel guide, our knowledge of the city is based on what Dale kinda remembers doing like 7 years ago, hence not very much. It being Sunday, everyone was wanting to go to the Sentosa Island for the day, so after scoping the prices and looking round the huge 'vivo city' mall, we left on foot for the Raffles Hotel area. Realising we were actually very ar from that area, we saw a bus stop and decided to risk the bus. As with everything else in Singapore, this was very very simple and we were in the right area in no time.

Dale had been carrying his birthday present from Mark and Ollie all day (like a kid at christmas waiting to try his new toy) and so we found a park to throw it around in. It was an american football by the way (I had been wanting one since india), and although it was very hot we played for a little while. And the views from the park were amazing so we hung out for a bit in the shade. Ollie actually allowed somebody else to hold his camera (normally like a dog with a bone 😊 ) and we he took a great shot of us in the park. Ollie then spent the rest of the evening wondering why his photos don't look that good..... one clue, it's not the camera!

In the evening we decided t


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.138s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0864s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb