Village Hotel Changi Staycation (Dec 2019)


Advertisement
Singapore's flag
Asia » Singapore » Changi
December 21st 2019
Published: August 23rd 2020
Edit Blog Post

Saturday, 21st December 2019

It was the final weekend before Christmas for our staycation at Village Hotel Changi. It preluded with a colonial-style brunch at the atmospheric Coastal Settlement where it was meant as a birthday treat for our December baby, KW. Good people, good brunch and good company, it was a good dining experience to remember and worth checking out again in future.

Checking-in to our Club Room at Village Hotel was a familiar affair for me having stayed no less than 5 times over the past couple of years. I loved its location at rustic Changi Coast with the beach and the coastal boardwalk within striking distance. Day and night, there were also plenty of food options at the nearby Changi Village.

Upon checking-in, we headed to the Club Lounge to grab some afternoon coffee and snacks. Following a swim at the rooftop pool, we went to the beach area for one of my favourite past time – guessing the name of the airline of the planes making their descend over Changi coast.

Dinner was mainly a local affair consisting of satay and laksa as well as some light snacks to go along with the beer we ordered. In the morning, we had nasi lemak at the same lounge with seasonal fruits and salads to go with it.

We walked the distance along the Changi Point Coastal Walk after breakfast, taking in the sea breezes that came our way.

There is this new dish which I discovered over the weekend thanks to KW - the Commando Dessert consisting of red tea jelly and longan on shave ice. This dessert is probably a tribute to Singapore’s elite group of Commandos with their signature red berets from the nearby Hendon Camp.

Village Hotel Changi did not disappoint whenever I’m back for a short stay. With a list of activities within and outside its premises, it was always nice to spend a weekend away from home at another part of Singapore.


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement



Tot: 0.474s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 15; qc: 86; dbt: 0.3746s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb