It's really hot...


Advertisement
Singapore's flag
Asia » Singapore » Bugis Village
August 16th 2008
Published: August 16th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Sunset from the planeSunset from the planeSunset from the plane

Just tarting about with my new camera
Hello! We have arrived! Our plane got in at 6am this morning. The flight was fine, but we didn;t manage to get any sleep. I can't sleep sitting up. Singapore Airlines were fine, but not quite up to Emirates standards! Had my first taste of Asian foor for 'breakfast' on the plane. Was some spicy noodle thing! Very weird.

It was still pitch dark when we arrived, it appears it both gets light and dark at 7. We got the MRT (like the metrolink) to where our hotel is - Bugis (check out our awsome navigational skills) and then also found the hotel itself. Well done us. We were too early to check in but they let us use the communal shower, which felt great at first, but by the time I was dressed I was all sticky again! It's bloody humid. We sunscreened up (which didn't sink in and felt gross) and went for a walk to Little India. Not quite what I imagined but still very cool. There was insence and curry smells wafting all over the place and we saw a really cool Hindu Temple. Mostly we were just looking for food though and we got some from a shopping centre stall in the form of things on sticks! Prawns on sticks, crab on sticks and spring rolls plus little baggies of chili sauce. Marvelous. We were tempted to go maccy Ds as we were so knackered but resisted the urge. Besides, the food on sticks was very good!
We returned to the hotel and checked into air-con bliss and a nap. A rather long nap, until about 7pm when we forced ourselved up for dinner. So, showered again and got on the MRT to Clarke Quay, along the river bank. It was really cool (actually, baking hot, even though 10pm at night) and there were bars and restaurants lining the front. We walked up and down several times deciding where to eat, they were all much of a muchness. All pretty cool and pretty expensive (probably a bit cheaper than the UK still). We had squd rings, satay sticks (with rice cakes, which are basically rice super compressed until it no longer resembles rice, but a solid piece of...well, rice) and a salad. I couldnt eat much as was feeling pretty crap (too knackered/starving) but Mike cleared it up! After that we went to a stall selling Turkish Ice Cream! It was very nice. We sat on a bridge crossing the river, which is what everyone else appeared to be doing, to eat it. Nice views from there, lots of sparkly lights!

We then returned to the hotel where we are now!

Advertisement



16th August 2008

Sounds really exiting!
Great to hear from you! Can't believe you're blogging already - you must be exhausted! I'm really exited for you - it's such a big adventure :) Hope you acclimatise soon. Love Cats xxx
17th August 2008

What's Turkish ice-cream all about then? Sounds like you had a perfect first day! I like the sparkly lights too ooooaaahhh :0) Good to see you're keeping up with the blog so far! Short and sweet, that's obviously the best way and where I went horribly wrong. Looking forward to the next update!

Tot: 0.039s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0208s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb