Sabang Beach and a trip in a police car...


Advertisement
Philippines' flag
Asia » Philippines » Puerto Galera
December 19th 2008
Published: December 19th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Dear all,
I am now here in Puerto Galera after a very interesting journey here! We set off from Subic Bay and took the bus to Manila. When we got to the bus station in Manila we found that the bus company that we were planning to use to get down to Batangas City had gone bust so we had to get a taxi to another bus station. Getting a taxi was very interesting as everyone who owned a car within a five hundred metre radius wanted to take us in their car or had a friend who would take us or wanted a tip for flagging us a taxi! But we finally got to the next bus station.

Eventually we got to the right bus and three hours later we arrived at Batangas pier. It was eight in the evening, so too late to get the boat to the next island. We wandered around the pier but there were no taxis to take us to a hotel. We went to the pier police and they put us in their big police car and took us to a hotel...sadly they didn't put the flashing lights on!

Next morning back to the pier and boat over to here. We found our room on Sabang beach and settled in.
The next day we took a jeepney into town to buy food and that night I cooked chicken stew! Its so nice having a kitchen and being able to cook things that we haven't eaten in months.

This morning we went diving to a small wreck. The dive wasn't great as we had to swim against a very strong current to get to the wreck and then someone ran out of air so we had to come up. Tomorrow we are going to a dive site where there are seahorses so that should be good.

The weather here is lovely and we have found a place that does a traditional five course Christmas lunch...so Christmas Day is sorted.

Love to you all and Merry Christmas!
Wendy
xxx


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



22nd December 2008

what, no siren?
that's some experience, riding a police car to take you to your hotel. but no wailing siren!

Tot: 0.082s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 12; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0487s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb