Philippines Holiday


Advertisement
Philippines' flag
Asia » Philippines » Manila
December 23rd 2007
Published: January 1st 2008
Edit Blog Post

Day 20



Had breakfast & then we took a walk to the Glorietta Shopping Centre.



At lunch time we met up with 2 cousins of Ronald, Ruby & Roger - Haydee & Antoinette.



We looked around Glorietta for somewhere to eat lunch. We finally settled on Dad's Restaurant. This was a massive restaurant with a big seating capacity & having many food choices including Filipino, Japanese & Continental. Also, there were heaps of desserts available. I went to the dessert counter with Haydee & the cook made us a fresh Bibingka & a Puto Bumbong (which is usually only served at Christmas).

We stayed in the restaurant for about 3 hours & were quite full by the time we left the restaurant.



Haydee guided us to the Ayala Railway Station - we would take the MRT to North Avenue. We bought tickets & said goodbye to Haydee & Antoinette.



The trains are quite modern & air-conditioned (although usually crowded). Most of us had to stand on our journey to North.



We were off the train at North Avenue. We walked out of the station & had a good view of EDSA. Once again, we were looking at shops-this time TriNoma & SM City North.



After a few hours of shopping it was back to the North Avenue railway station. The queues for tickets was very long (they only had 2 ticket counters & a few Ticket Machines). Somehow Ronald was able to get tickets rather quickly.



The trains appear to run regulary & it did not take us long to get a train. We got off the train at Boni Avenue & took taxi's to Lita's Mother place for dinner. We played snooker & did Karaoke after dinner-we did not return back to our Hotel until late.




Advertisement



Tot: 0.203s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0569s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb