Philippines Holiday


Advertisement
Philippines' flag
Asia » Philippines » Manila
December 24th 2007
Published: January 1st 2008
Edit Blog Post

Day 21



You would think that my family by now had done enough shopping-but this was not the case (they wanted more !).



After breakfast, we took 2 taxi's (one for boys & one for girls) to the Mall Of Asia. This Mall is the largest shopping mall in the Philippines and one of the largest shopping malls in the world in terms of gross floor size. It opened in 2006.



The Mall has a prominent World Globe out the front. The boys taxi arrived about 15 minutes ahead of the girls. The girls taxi also was bumped by another taxi when it stopped outside the Mall (nothing too serious).



I did not want to do any shopping, so firstly I did some sightseeing outside the mall. I saw Shrine of Jesus, The Way, The Truth and The Life Church.



Then, walking towards Manila Bay I saw a lot of floats, probably for movies or musicals.



Once down to the bay, I was walking along a promenade that seemed to stretch on for a number of kilometres. Along the way there were many restaurants & tourist shops.



I eventually walked back to the Mall of Asia & crossed a walkway that gave a view towards the city.

After that, I decided to watch a movie. I saw the Martian Child - there were only about 5 other people in this massive theatre (that still had upper & lower seating). Cost was only about 120 pesos. Note: you can consume most types of food in the theatre except Rice !




After several hours we returned back to the Hotel for a rest. Later in the evening we went back to Lita's Mother's place to stay up to midnight (lot's of eating again!). Met Alex & Sonja who had arrived earlier that day from Darwin.






Advertisement



Tot: 0.203s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0569s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb